Commitee Meeting

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

 

Minutes of CAGA Meeting on 20th July 2017

 

Present : GW, SH, RE, PB, NL, FL    Apologies : PC, DS, DT, DA, MI

 

 

Minutes

Minutes of the last meeting were approved.

 

 

Finance

Funds are healthy.  £417 was taken in the shop over the last few weeks.

 

 

 

Shop

Steve Bowker to continue as shop manager.  We should not need to purchase more stock this summer except perhaps for fertilizer.

 

 

Rota

23 July – Ged

30 July – David/Diane

  6 August – Peter

13 August– Stuart

 

Shop duty rota to be placed on the notice board.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ged

Plots

Currently 7/8 vacant, all being in fairly poor condition.  Two reallocated during the past week and possibly one this weekend.  Thanks to PB for strimming.  17F has been sprayed and re-let. 

 

No more rubbish is to be put on plot 30F.  A notice will be placed to this effect.  Rubbish has increased greatly due to plotholders adding their own although it was stipulated that it was only for use by the committee.

 

Duck Square fence – CPC stated that the residents should deal with the gap in the fence but they agreed to deal with it if the residents refused as CPC is responsible for fencing around the allotments.  GW to remind them of this.

 

The 30 day notice period to quit plots will apply once only.  The allotment rules to be amended accordingly and state that the committee has the final say.

 

GW announced that he will retire from the rule of plot letter at the AGM.  FL volunteered to take over as plotletter .

 

 

 

 

 

Ged

 

 

 

 

 

Ged

 

 

All

 

 

BBQ

There were 64 attendees and we made a profit of £271.  RE to write to Ali for his fantastic contribution to the day.  Thanks to everyone who helped make the evening so successful.  DT to write thank you letters to those who donated raffle prizes.

 

Ruth

Diane

 

Website

Frans will prepare a marketing plan for submission at the August meeting.  It will be passed to the secretary for circulation to committee members. He will also add the minutes and post notices on the website.  RE has provided a list of e mail address for the facebook site.  Plots will be available to Chinnor residents only.  FL asked if CAGA had charitable status.  Reply was no.  Stipulated that the tractor and the green mower was not available for use by plotholders.

 

Frans/Ruth

AOB

The red lawnmower is broken and it is considered not worth spending the money to fix.  NL to source a replacement which throws the grass out the back, possibly with a box.

 

The strimmer is also not working as it should.  GW to take for repair to Bledlow.

Neil

 

 

 

Ged

 

 

 

NL to run rotovator over the grassy patch at the end of the access road.  The ground could then be levelled and used for car parking.  NL to try it with the tractor this coming weekend.

 

The gate post on the entry road is loose and probably needs to be replaced with a more robust post. 

 

Robert Davis had mentioned trimming the hedge adjoining their boundary. SH to cut back when time permits.

 

RE stated that she will be not be seeking re-election as secretary this year ans that the committee will need to find a replacement.

 

 

Next meeting –  16th August 2017. 

 

 

NL

 

 

 

 

 

 

SH