Commitee Meeting

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

 

Minutes of CAGA Meeting on 20th September 2017

 

Present : GW, RE, PB, NL, FL, DA, DT    Apologies : SH, PC, MI, DS

 

 

Minutes

Minutes of the last meeting were approved.  This is the last meeting before the AGM on 11th October.

 

 

Finance

Funds are healthy.  The balance is slightly lower than last month. 

 

 

Shop

No report submitted.   Seeds have been replenished.

 

 

Rota

24 September – Mike

 1 October – Ged

 8 October – Diane/David

 15 October–  Frans

 

Shop duty rota to be placed on the notice board.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ged

Plots

Little change since the last meeting. Approx 3 more on the waiting list. Thanks to PB for strimming and spraying when weather permitted.   Ged hands over  the plot letting duties to Frans from 1st October.

Mark Davey still has a lot of items on his plot which need removing.

 

People are still dumping their rubbish on the plot for use by committee members only.  This must stop.  Individuals are responsible for taking their own rubbish to the council dump.

 

A farmer is bringing up blue water butts which are available free of charge to plotholders.  The barrels require washing before use.

 

 

 

 

Ged

 

 

 

 

 

Gate

GW has spoken to Chinnor Parish Council and has sent in two estimates.  We are waiting for their response.

 

 

 

Website

Frans reported that e mails are now coming direct from CAGA.  Re the proposed new signs for the gates, do the council need to be involved in this ?  Frans to investigate.  PB suggested purchasing extra signs to give the additional information.  Agreed a budget up to £200.  It was stated that when the gate is open the signs are not really visible.  DT suggested the new signs mention the shop to increase sales.

Frans hopes for more traffic on the Chinnor Allotments facebook page. The shop stock list needs updating before adding to the website.

e mail has been used for issuing the AGM correspondence where possible however 50 letters need delivering. Diane offered to help with delivery. Suggested that we try to obtain more e mail addresses at the AGM however this may not be possible due to the low attendance numbers.

 

 

 

Frans

 

Frans

 

Ged/Stuart

 

 

Ged/Diane

Hedge

Has been trimmed and we intend to try and keep it cut close.  The large tree at the end and the conifer hedge is a problem as they rather obscure the exit.  Plotholders must take great care when exiting the site.

 

 

 

 

AGM

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rents paid at the AGM and in the DC must not be put into the till but kept separate for onward delivery to the treasurer.  Frans to speak at the AGM as the new plot letter and to also talk about the website.  Peter, David, Diane and Neil wish to remain as committee members for the next year.  GW stated that we need more committee members and that a request for individuals will be made at the AGM.  No nominations for new secretary as yet.

 

Thanks from Tich Collins to the committee for the keys. 

 

NL to look into new suitable lawnmower at Wickes and B & Q.  Estimated cost about £130.

 

Diane enquired about the possibility of having a shed on her plot.  GW said sheds had been refused by CPC since 2011.  She also enquired about allowing dogs on the allotments if they were kept on a lead.  GW proposed that both suggestions be discussed at the AGM.

 

Xmas lunch – proposed date 17th December.  NL to speak to Roger about cost and menu.  Payment to be provided in full in advance.  Final figures will be required around 3rd December. 

 

As the last Sunday before Christmas falls on the 24th December, it was suggested that the last shop opening should be Saturday 23rd December and that drinks he held the same day from 12 noon.

 

A vote of thanks was given to Ruth for her services as CAGA Secretary over the past four years.  She handed over a full set of minutes dating back to her appointment.

 

Next meeting will be on 18th October.

 

 

All

Frans

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Neil

 

 

 

 

Ged

 

 

Neil