Commitee Meeting

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

 

Minutes of CAGA Meeting on 19th April 2017

 

Present : GW, SH, RE, PB, NL, DS, DS, DA,    Apologies : PC

 

 

Minutes

The minutes of the last meeting on 15th March were approved with a correction regarding the Chinnor Neighbourhood Plan.  Once approved it will be passed to SODC not CPC as previously stated.

 

 

Finance

Funds are healthy and there are no outstanding bills.  Shop takings over the past month have increased and are heading towards £200 per week.

 

 

Shop

The shop is well stocked but we may need more canes.  Compost is selling well. Shop duty person to make a note of low supplies.

 

All

Rota

23rd April  – Diane & David

30th April – Mike

  7th May – Ged

14th May – Peter

 

 

Plots

Two are vacant the other four need work but have been sprayed and may be covered and left.  The tractor has been used on 2 plots.  Two people on the waiting list have been uncontactable and there is one request on the CAGA website. 

 

The council pest controller has attended site and reported that there are no rats in any compost heaps or evidence of vermin on the allotment site.  Bait placed recently has not been touched.  He stated that rats are mainly encouraged by bird feeders in neighbouring gardens.   A Station Road resident had caught rats.  GW to alert the council about this.

 

There has been no response from the RHS about providing a free talk on horticultural matters. 

 

Chinnor & Thamee Friends of the Earth are holding an event on 6th May at Mill Lane to promote green living.  They are advertising a seed swap shop.  GW to draw up a short information sheet about the allotments and its history.

 

Decided to give some thought to updating the CAGA rules.  The committee wants to encourage those struggling to maintain their plot to the required standard to make them aware of their difficulties.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ged

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ged

BBQ

The chosen date is 8th July 2017.  We need volunteers to post linvitation letters to those not on e mail.  GW not able to do this as he is moving house and Paul is still unwell.  RE volunteered to purchase the alcohol as usual.  Also need volunteers to sort out seating , cutlery, raffle prizes etc.  Plot judging to be announced at the BBQ.  GW to speak to Ollie and Ali to see if available to cook.

 

 

 

Ruth

 

Ged

Thanks

To Neil for repairing the movers and to Will/Neil for using the tractor and for the provision of rotovating services.  Plot holders must be considerate when putting in a request for their plot to be rotovated as it has to be done when time permits as it takes the person away from their own plot.  Decided that a donation should be given for use of the rotovator.

 

 

 

 

Website

RE to post a facebook notice before next meeting.

 

Ruth

 

 

Next meeting – 17th May 2017.  Apologies in advance from Neil.